by F. Touihrat
COP25 took place on November 2019.
COP26 is scheduled on November 2021.
Build up a summary sheet on COP25 and COP26.
Grab some information on
- ’COP’, ’UNFCCC’. What are they? What are their aims?
- What consequences did the previous meetings of COP have?
- Find background from COP25. What was the organizing country? The host country? What happened since then?
- What are the challenges of COP26?
- Find out how each country is involved in climate change regulation, according to COP25
- How has the COVID crisis been delaying UNFCCC actions?
Task 1 - 15’
- Build up pairs
- Some of you are Scots, some are Chileans (the teacher decides)
- Using the researches your did last week, list the main characteristics of your country : geography, people, politics, food, environment, etc.
Task 2 - 15’ [EOI]
- Mix pairs: 1 Scot+ 1 Chilean
- Present your country to each other
Task 3 - 15’ [EOI]
- Mix pairs: 2 Scots or 2 Chileans
- Discuss on what you understood of the other country
- In view of COP26, write a short speech to deliver your new year wishes to the other country, considering climate issues.
Task 1 - 15’ [CE]
- Using the ressource below, identify the main stakes for Chile concerning climate change
Task 2 - 35’ [CO]
- Watch the video below
- When was this conference given?
- What does its title refer to?
- List up the links you can draw between what Jonathan Foley said and what happens in Chile
- In conclusion, do you think that what happens in Chile matches its climatic stakes?